OpSolve LLC is has provided CIS, Billing and Managed Technical Services to the energy industry for nearly twenty years. OpSolve’s client base across North America benefits from a proven combination of people, process and technology that delivers exceptional results and efficiencies. OpSolve’s breadth of services ensures it supports its clients across all facets of the organization: infrastructure, client provisioning, billing, fulfillment, customer service, campaign management, collections and accounting.
Job Description and Qualifications
- Deliver timely required reports to the Director of Operations; analyze data daily to ensure that all customers are billed and billed according to the terms of their agreement.
- Initiate and communicate detected issues, such as inaccurate or incorrect charges, proration exceptions, and accounts not billed.
- Track customer A/R to ensure that aging aligns with customer balance and utility billing agreement (some markets use purchased receivables).
- Us identified payment exceptions to research payment application to the proper account.
- Develop requirements to automate quality control processes to the greatest extent possible.
- Other operational, data analysis and reporting duties as assigned
- Support the development of and assist in the implementation of automated quality assurance/quality control, exception management, and reporting.
- Understand, utilize, and maximize available technologies. Work within and across multiple systems; understand how information inputs impact systems and business decisions.
- Act as business/system analyst for Billing Operations; system types including, but not limited to:
- Financial and Business Reporting
- Q/A testing of the Customer Information System (READiTM) to ensure that system changes support/enhance/do not adversely affect established processes.
- Represent OpSolve in client discussions involving billing exceptions.
- Assist with issue resolution and system development/improvement projects.
- Other operational and analytical activities as assigned
Process Development / Improvement
- Participate in the continuous process improvements cross-functionally within OpSolve to facilitate cost reduction and/or improved efficiencies.
- Identify gaps and inefficiencies in existing billing and quality control processes.
- Serve as bridge between Operations & Application Development as it relates to business needs, technical capabilities and enhancements.
Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Subject matter expert to provide support to correctly assess severity, priority, and handling of issues and exceptions. Serve as a resource to help facilitate analysis, correction, and resolution of transaction errors as a result of electronic communication between applications, interfaces, or manual inputs of data.
- Perform problem resolution and analysis on repetitive issues.
- Act as a liaison between external and internal customers (both business and IT) in support, resolution and documentation of EDI TP Enablement. Communicate guidelines, workarounds, and solutions for identified problems or issues.
- Identify problems, systematically gather information, sort through complex issues, seek input from others, address root causes; make difficult decisions and communicate effectively with internal and cross-functional teams.
- Employ the most efficient way to gather information and is able to interpret and summarize the results.
- College Degree
- 3+ years of experience or military service
- Basic MS SQL skills
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Knowledge of retail energy concepts & terminology a plus
- Proven ability to manage complex business issues, projects and strategies (across functions)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to function well independently and within a team environment
Primary Location: US-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Job Function: Billing Operations
Job Type: Experienced